- When you list an item you can choose to donate from 10% to 100% of the final price (currently minimum donation £1).
- Then when the item is sold, a percentage of the sale price is donated to Life Education Wessex and you receive the remainder (unless donating 100% of course!)
- And don’t forget to tick the Gift Aid box if you’re a UK tax payer. This will give us an extra 25p from the government on top of your donation.
Listings which donate a share of the final sale price to us will show the yellow and blue eBay ribbon next to them in search results and our charity’s mission statement and logo will also show in your listing. Your items will also get extra visibility through the eBay for Charity pages.
And that’s not all – eBay will waive some of your insertion fee charges and final value charges equal to the percentage you donate. So if you donate 50% of your selling price to Life Education Wessex then eBay will waive 50% of your fees!
To choose Life Education Wessex go to LEW at eBay and click on ‘Save as Favourite’. The charity details will then automatically appear each time you sell an item. You can select how much you wish to donate (0 – 100%).
For further information on selling for charity, go to eBay for Charity.
Not yet an ebay seller?
To sell on eBay :
- You’ll need to set up an eBay account
- Set up a PayPal account so that you can accept payments this way (you’ll lose potential sales if you don’t have one)
- Choose Life Education Wessex as your chosen charity – LEW at eBay.
Selling an item on eBay costs only a few pence to insert the sale item, then there’s a sliding scale of fees based on the final sale price (don’t forget discount for donors!). Paypal will also charge a small amount for collecting fees.