If your child’s school is visited by one of our mobile classrooms, you can expect them to begin to learn the skills that will help them make healthier choices in life; confidence, communication, an understanding of how the body works and the ability to think independently.
Using stimuli-rich and interactive techniques such as puppetry and role play, the programmes offered by Life Education Wessex & Thames Valley help children to develop the ability to make positive choices about their health. Age-appropriate facts throughout our sessions help children make informed decisions. The children are empowered with the skills and self-confidence to put their decisions into practice. The learning process is fun, capturing children’s imaginations and ensuring our work is memorable.
What does this mean to you?
- We support national healthy schools standards
- We support schools in delivering their PSHE and Citizenship curriculum
- We meet Government guidelines for best practice in drug education
- We support important elements of the new OFSTED framework
- e demonstrate a range of positive teaching techniques and behaviour management strategies
- Our programmes support the ‘every child matters’ vision
- Our programmes link with other national curriculum subjects
To find out more about the programmes offered by Life Education Wessex & Thames Valley, please visit our Schools page.
Aimed specifically at parents and carers, this is an informal 30 minute session which we can slot in to either the beginning or end of the school day. The session provides parents and carers the opportunity to visit the mobile classroom find out about the content of their children’s sessions and ask questions.